Mind you, that might mean a few Christmas cards appearing in the Snippets Playground? :) I read somewhere during this past week that it's only 100 sleeps until Christmas arrives. OK, I bet you truly did so not want to hear that!
Let's move straight onto my snippets make for today - and the camera lies yet again, the 'pink' paper is actually peach in real life:
- DL white card blank
- I then made a lightly larger panel than the front of the card using thin white card and covered it with a snippet of peach dotty paper from Prima's 'Fairy Rhymes' paper pad which was then topped and tailed with snippets of a cream dotty paper I found in the snippets folder
- at that point I trimmed the whole piece of card down to fit the front of the DL card - so much easier than fiddling on trying to make sure the layers were exactly lined up onto the card front
- glued the whole panel in place on the card front
- used another cream snippet from the same patterned paper pad and stamped the flower using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a 2006 Penny Black stamp called 'dotted petals'
- then die cut the image panel using a die from the Spellbinders 'Labels Ten' set (I first spotted Carol L using these dies and thought they were such a lovely and very useful shape), and ran a ball tool around the edge before removing from the die
- stamped the flower head onto a snippet of the peach dotty paper and fussy cut around the outline before running a black Whispers marker around the edge (from experience a long while ago, don't use a Pro marker as it will most likely bleed and spoil the crisp black outline you're looking for)
- glued the flower head onto the cream panel and coloured the leaves using a green Whispers Marker before adding a tickle of Signo 'Gold Sparkle' to the stamens
- using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler' set, I stamped the word 'thanks' onto the die cut panel
- finally glued the panel in place on the front of the card
Hindsight being 20/20 vision, perhaps I should have used a less 'bold' stamp with the delicate flower - but as you might guess, I wanted to use certain items to make this Sunday snippets card. It's been in my mind for a while, and the duplicate goodies have also been waiting in the Toy Box for a while too! Jules really kicked me into action with her lovely post about paper piecing (featured as one of last week's picks) as the stamp lends itself so well to that technique. I just checked back through the blog here and it's almost five years since I bought this Penny Black stamp from a lovely friend (pre-loved). And, shame on me, this is only the second time I've used it!
Time for a peek at this week's picks:
Some people say in comments that they really don't know how I manage to choose the weekly picks - given my way I'd feature every single entry! I'm sitting here so conscious of the lovely makes I don't have the time to show you and do encourage you to get a cup of tea, coffee or whatever, and take the time to have a hop around each week's entries. There's so much talent and variety in this challenge!
I'm stopping at nine picks - more than I usually have time for. Right now there's a basket of ironing calling my name so I'd best move along!
We had no new Playmates last week - but the turnout of 53 of you playing in the Playground is really great! Makes it all worthwhile :)
And it's prize draw time, for the stamps on offer - House Mouse cling 'Rain Flower' and the Kaisercraft 'True Friendship' set of four sentiments.
And our winner is:
Can you please drop me an email with your address in and I'll post your prize off as soon as possible! My email address is on the right hand side bar.
Seven Hills Crafts - one of my favourite Paper Smooches sets called 'Sentiment Sampler'. We actually had a sentiments stamp set the same back in February as part of a prize, which Jean won.
All of these items will make up one prize if the winner wants that. Otherwise, you can select one or two of the items only - in which case I'd do additional draws for whatever is left. But I do need to know in advance please.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize - either all of it or just one or two items. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Have a lovely week!
and, of course, Parsnip